VENT -> Tobbogun run Stablein - RESTAURANT STABLEINALM
On the way there are always cozy seating areas that are perfectly positioned, offering a wonderful view of the mountain village located in the valley basin. After about 1 hour the path leads us into the valley and after half an hour we reach the beautiful Stableinalm at 2.354 m , The magnificent sun terrace offers an incredible view of the Rofental and the mighty Ötztal mountains.
At the restaurant we enjoy a perfect lunch.
After we have drunk our coffee on the panoramic terrace and have a last look at the magnificent panorama, we borrow a toboggan and curves into the valley.
The toboggan Stablein is well prepared and for young and old a real experience.
Especially recommended for families. For those who want to experience the winter, in Vent is a 5 km long, well-groomed natural toboggan run available. This fun toboggan ride including a stop at the Stableinalm is great fun for all ages.
a ride up and down with the new 6-seater chairlift Wildes Mannle on 2.646.
please note that the toboggan Stablein can be closed due to its exposed camps for safety reasons. Please inquire about the conditions before leaving.
https://www.oetztal.com/de/winter.html & https://avalanche.report/albina-web/bulletin/bulletin/latest?lang=de
Please inform yourself about the conditions and status of the respective winter hiking trail at Ötztal Tourismus.
Ötztal Tourismus T +43 (0) 57 200 260 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips and hintsRestaurant:
At the panorama restaurant Stableinalm or in Vent's cafes and restaurants.
More details about tobogganing in Ötztal:
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking options are available in the mountaineering village Vent
In summertime in front of the village (parking machine, only coins or EC card) and at the chairlift (at the ticket office of the mountain railways)
- In wintertime only at the chairlift.
Cost: € 5,00 per day/car
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, wind-, rain-, snow- and sun protection, hat and gloves is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.