GRANSTEIN –> Hochwald –> Aschbach –> Huben –> Duringweg –> LÄNGENFELD
FROM SÖLDEN TOWARDS THE LONG FIELDS
Hochwald is said to be just as quiet and idyllic as Granstein. The small hamlet at a forest clearing not far from Sölden, surrounded by deep green larch trees. Here you should look back and enjoy the awesome view of the village amidst a gigantic mountain scenery - resembling an idyllic picture in a perfect setting.
Scenic Duringweg, another high altitude trail that travels high above the small villages and hamlets, features many more places of strength and exceptional energy - plus many historical farmhouses. Buildings from bygone times show the traditional consciousness of the Ötztal locals. As soon as you reach Teufelskanzel, the next place of strength, you will feel "devilish" good. The panoramic view is really unique, opposite you can see the suspension bridge connecting Brandalm and Burgstein in lofty heights.
Surefootedness, a good physical shape, stamina
No major difficulties
Tips and hints
Did you know that…
… legend has it that a farmer personally made a pact with the devil in the Teufelskanzel area? The devil offered wealth and prosperity to the farmer, in return the farmer sold his soul to him.
More details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereGranstein is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Sölden:
- Parking lot
- parking lot Stiegele
- stair parking
- Giggijochbahn + underground garage
- Gaislachkoglbahn + underground garage
- Parking Hochsölden
- parking garage Hochsölden 1. parking lot
- parking Zwieselstein
- parking Zwieselstein / sports ground
All parking is free during the day.
Parking for several days (eg hike tour):
- Postplatz, Parkticket available at the information Sölden Parkgarage Gaislachkoglbahn
- Parkticket either online or directly at the cash desk of the Gaislachkoglbahn
EquipmentStandard hiking equipment, sturdy hiking boots
Basic Equipment for Long-Distance Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Tent (3- or 4-season)
- Stove (including fuel and utensils)
- Sleeping mat. Sleeping bag with suitable temperature rating.
- Toiletries and medication
- Toilet paper
Things to Bring if Staying in a Mountain Hut
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Alpine club membership card if applicable / ID
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.