Distance 2.4 km
Highest point1,575 m
Lowest point1,361 m
From the car park in Köfels you walk through the village, pass the sawmill and further into the forest. There you follow the signs to Wurzbergalm. Continue on the level cart road, then slightly uphill and straight on through the forest. You will come across a hunting lodge next to a trail fork where you simply follow the wide trail on the right. Finally you walk easily descending to Wurzbergalm which is already in sight.
Safety informationEasy hike; suitable for beginners and walkers
Please pay attention to the current weather report: https://www.oetztal.com/en/summer.html
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads.
A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingPark possibilities in Köfels:
- car Park Köfes | chargeable € 5,-
32T 645502 5220040
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a sncak and enough to drink
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view