Follow the federal road from Obergurgl, below the University Center. Uphill to the last houses, then turn right into the cart trail leading through meadows to David's Hütte. Walk to the rocky cliff (wayside cross and bench) opposite Nasenwand wall. Keep to the right on the descending path to Gurgler Ache brooklet, follow the narrow route to the 30 meter long, timber framed bridge. Uphill through Alpine meadows towards Beilsteinweg trail, further on to Beilstein area or back to Obergurgl.
Updated: July 30, 2018
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654724 5193144
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.