BASE STATION HOCHGURGL GONDOLA -> Ski track Obergurgl Pill | Angern -> BASE STATION HOCHGURGL GONDOLA
Access at the car park of Hochgurgl Gondola`s base station. Flat Nordic trail on the valley floor of Pill/ Angern. Easy to moderate climb via Issewiesen meadows to the hamlets of Königsrain and Alt Poschach. Along Gurgler Ache brook on the right side you return, past Hotel Jagdhof, to the parking area.
Please pay attention to the current weather- & avalanche report:
- Cross-country skis - classic or skating skis
- Cross country poles of suitable length
- Cross country boots - precise fit, should give a firm grip and tight-fitting
- Clothing - Functional underwear with long arms and legs, special running tights and tight pants, water repellent and breathable jacket recommended
- Gloves should provide a firm grip and optimal stick guidance
Tips, hints and links
More details about cross country skiing in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/langlaufen
The car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Gurgl:
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night