Nice, leisurely pleasure tour to Lake Amberger See.
Distance 5 km
The leisurely tour started from the parking spaceat the Ochsengartenbahn (free of charge) . First you follow the main road back out of the valley until a forest road branches off to the right. Then follow slightly uphill until you reach the beautiful and always unique Amberger See. This invites you to linger.
Safety informationFamily-friendly trekking or MTB route suitable also for standard bicycles, offering good road or trail surface (gravel, asphalt or similar surface). The gentle climbs do not require special skills, cycling techniques or above average stamina. Enjoyable cycling is the main priority.
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Ochsengarten:
- car park cable car Ochsengarten, free of charge
32T 646272 5232239
EquipmentApproproate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, helmet, gloves, glasses, GPS device or detailed maps. If there is no hut on the way please bring a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view