The forth and last stage of the Ötztal Cycling Path (52 km) starts in Längenfeld and ends in Sölden. This stage is appx. 15 km long and easy to drive (ascent about 200 meters). Thanks to under- and overpasses on this stage, it's possible to cruise to Sölden off the busy Ötztal federal road.
Distance 15.4 km
It has almost no change in altitude and runs through small hamlets on asphalt and gravel trails. Leaving behind Huben, the bike trail crosses the federal road again and runs parallel until you reach the hamlet of Bruggen. Here you cross the federal road for the last time. In Aschbach the path leads over a bridge, then uphill and slightly sloping down to the next bridge overpass. Keep to the east at the next fork-off and do NOT ride towards the Dog Pension but downhill to the valley floor where a bridge crosses the river. The last part of the Ötztal Cycle Trail takes you on the eastern shore of Ötztaler Ache to the village of Sölden.
We strongly recommend to follow the route of the Ötztal Cycle Trail, otherwise you have to follow longer stretches on the busy Ötztal federal road.
Updated: June 17, 2021
Safety informationThe Ötztal Cycle Trail features some demanding ascents and is suitable for bikers in a good physical shape.
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
Getting thereLängenfeld is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Längenfeld and Huben:
- next to the old fire station (entrance to campsite) - free of charge
- Sports center - (football pitch and swimming pool) - free of charge
- Parking at the end of Längenfeld - (where the natural park house is built) free of charge
- Opposite the Ötztal Tourismus (small number of parking spaces) free of charge
- Huben first local entrance before carpentry Praxmarer - free of charge
- Parking in Au before the bridge / Elektro Optimal - free of charge
- Parking in Lehn - nearby Heimatmuseum - subject to charges
- Parking Oberried - climbing garden – payable
32T 648977 5215004
EquipmentAppropriate Equipment Rules! We strongly recommend to wear protective bike gear on all Cycle & Mountain Bike Routes within Ötztal Valley. Always take enough water with you!
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view