Download Treasure Hunting Map Ochsengarten (PDF)
Ho to go on a Treasure Hunt?
Following the marked route you will discover small caches (treasure boxes). Each cache contains a sheet with one of the secret letters. Write these letters into the right box of your treasure hunting map. Only those who have found all secret letters are able to compose the code word. Knowing the code word, you can pick up a small present at the Information Ochsengarten, Oetz or Infopoint Ötztal. Geocachers can also log their finds on geocaching.com.
The valley route along Bee Theme Trail is about 3 km long, walking time 1.5 hours.
The mountain route is about 7 km long, altitude gain 350 m, walking time 4 hours
Valley Route on Bee Theme Trail (GPS-Data):
- Cache B1: N 47 13.655, E 010 56.317 GPS-Data
Tip: Someone has left a wooden handlebar in the forest on the right.
- Cache B2: N 47 13.670, E 010 56 683 GPS-Data
Tip: Did the woodcutter do a good job?
- Cache B3: N 47 13.773, E 010 57.167 GPS-Data
Tip: Underpass instead of overpass – take care and don't get wet!
- Cache B4: N 47 13.799, E 010 56.804 GPS-Data
Tip: Straight ahead into the woods to the first huge rock. But pay attention also to the small one.
Mountain Route (GPS-Data):
- Cache 1: N 47 13.832, E 010 55.955 GPS-Data
Tip: You can find it under the pointed stone!
- Cache 2: N 47 13.969, E 010 57 395 GPS-Data
Tip: Why don't you try on a hiking boot! Which one fits?
- Cache 3: N 47 13.907, E 010 57.570 GPS-Data
Tip: The treasure is guarded by goats!
- Cache 4: N 47 14.320, E 010 57.160 GPS-Data
Tip: The old and firmly rooted pine tree with markers protects the treasure with its branches.
- Cache 5: N 47 14.488, E 010 56.235 GPS-Data
Tip: Deeply rooted - 1, 2 or 3?
- Cache 6: N 47 13.887, E 010 55.689 GPS-Data
Tip: Watch out for the treasure close to the stone!